PC817 contains an IRED optically coupled to a photo transistor. It is packaged in a 4pin DIP, available in wide-lead spacing option and SMD. Input-output isolation voltage(rms) is 5.0kV. Collector-emitter voltage is 80V(*) and CTR is 50% to 600% at input current of 5mA. It can be used with Arduino(Arduino NANO , Arduino UNOand Arduino MEGA).
PC187 is commonly used for isolating the micro controller unit from external source, load and sensors as protection and Signal transmission between circuits of different potentials and impedance.
Schematic Diagram :
- 4pin DIP package
- Double transfer mold package (Ideal for Flow Soldering)
- High collector-emitter voltage (VCEO:80V(*))
- Current transfer ratio (CTR : MIN. 50% at IF=5 mA, VCE=5V)
- High isolation voltage between input and output (Viso (rms) : 5.0 kV)
- I/O isolation for MCUs (Micro Controller Units)
- Noise suppression in switching circuits
- Signal transmission between circuits of different potentials and impedance.
Package Includes :
1 x PC817 DIP Optocoupler
Click here to download the datasheet for PCA9685 IC.
Click here to check how to interface with Arduino.