HC-05 Bluetooth module
The HC-05 is a 6 pin Bluetooth to serial converter that connects microcontrollers to other devices and allows them to communicate wirelessly. The module uses a UART (Universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter) protocol to send and receive data. It can be set in the master mode as well as slave mode which enables communication in various applications. ( find out a wide range of IoT And Wireless Products at solicstores.in)
PIN CONFIGURATION :
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Enable / Key||This pin is used to toggle between Data Mode (set low) and AT command mode (set high). By default, it is in Data mode|
|2||Vcc||Powers the module. Connect to +5V Supply voltage|
|3||Ground||Ground pin of the module, connect to system ground.|
|4||TX – Transmitter||Transmits Serial Data. Everything received via Bluetooth will be given out by this pin as serial data.|
|5||RX – Receiver||Receive Serial Data. Every serial data given to this pin will be broadcasted via Bluetooth|
|6||State||The state pin is connected to the onboard LED, it can be used as feedback to check if Bluetooth is working properly.|
|7||LED||Indicates the status of Module
|8||Button||Used to control the Key/Enable pin to toggle between Data and command Mode|
HC-05 Default Settings
Default Bluetooth Name: “HC-05”
Default Password: 1234 or 0000
Default Communication: Slave
Default Mode: Data Mode
Data Mode Baud Rate: 9600, 8, N, 1
Command Mode Baud Rate: 38400, 8, N, 1
Default firmware: LINVOR
- Serial Bluetooth module for Arduino and other microcontrollers
- Operating Voltage: 4V to 6V (Typically +5V)
- Operating Current: 30mA
- Range: <100m
- Works with Serial communication (USART) and TTL compatible
- Follows IEEE 802.15.1 standardized protocol
- Uses Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
- Can operate in Master, Slave or Master/Slave mode
- Can be easily interfaced with Laptop or Mobile phones with Bluetooth
- Supported baud rate: 9600,19200,38400,57600,115200,230400,460800.
Connecting the module
The HC-05 has two operating modes, one is the Data mode in which it can send and receive data from other Bluetooth devices and the other is the AT Command mode where the default device settings can be changed. We can operate the device in either of these two modes by using the key pin as explained in the pin description.
It is very easy to pair the HC-05 module with microcontrollers because it operates using the Serial Port Protocol (SPP). Simply power the module with +5V and connect the Rx pin of the module to the Tx of MCU and Tx pin of the module to Rx of MCU as shown in the figure below
- Connect the power supply to the BlueTooth module.
- Connect the TXD pin of the Bluetooth module to the RXD pin of Microcontroller.
- Connect the RXD pin of Bluetooth module to TXD pin of Microcontroller.
- Common ground should be provided for both the modules.
During power up the key pin can be grounded to enter into Command mode, if left free it will by default enter into the data mode. As soon as the module is powered you should be able to discover the Bluetooth device as “HC-05” then connect with it using the default password 1234 and start communicating with it. The name password and other default parameters can be changed by entering into the
- Wireless communication between two microcontrollers
- Communicate with Laptop, Desktops and mobile phones
- Data Logging application
- Consumer applications
- Wireless Robots
- Home Automation
PACKAGE INCLUDES :
1 x HC-05 Bluetooth Module