The effect of a capacitor is known as capacitance. While some capacitance exists between any two electrical conductors in proximity in a circuit, a capacitor is a component designed to add capacitance to a circuit. The capacitor was originally known as a condenser or condensator.( Click here for wide range of Capacitors).
Capacitor is a passive component which can store a charge (Q). This charge (Q) will be a product of the value of capacitance (C) and the voltage (V) applied to it. The value of the capacitance and Voltage of a capacitor will be mentioned on its label.
Hence the amount of charge a capacitor can be found using the value of Voltage (V) and Capacitance (C) of the capacitor.
C = Q×V
The Electrolytic Capacitors have polarity. Meaning they have a positive and negative pin. The pin which is long is the positive pin and the pin which is short is the negative pin. You can also identify the polarity using the negative strip on the capacitor label. As shown in the picture above the negative pin will be directly under the negative symbol.
- Capacitor Type – Electrolytic
- Has a high range of capacitance value starting from 0.01uF to 10000uF
- Has a high range of voltage value starting from 16V to 450V
- Can withstand a maximum of 105°C temperature
- Filter circuits like High/Low pass filter etc.
- Remove noise from a circuit
- Smoothing ripples in converters
- Fading LED circuits
- Resonant circuits.
Package Includes :
1 x 1uF / 63V Electrolytic Capacitor (Pack of 5)