1K Ohm Rotary Potentiometer
A potentiometer is a three-terminal resistor with a sliding or rotating contact that forms an adjustable voltage divider. If only two terminals are used, one end and the wiper, it acts as a variable resistor or rheostat.( Click for wide range of resistors )
The measuring instrument called a potentiometer is essentially a voltage divider used for measuring electric potential (voltage); the component is an implementation of the same principle, hence its name.
Potentiometers are commonly used to control electrical devices such as volume controls on audio equipment. Potentiometers operated by a mechanism can be used as position transducers, for example, in a joystick. Potentiometers are rarely used to directly control significant power since the power dissipated in the potentiometer would be comparable to the power in the controlled load.
These potentiometers can be used with Development boards like Arduino.
- Type: Rotary a.k.a Radio Potentiometer
- Maximum Input Voltage: 200Vdc
- Rotational Life: 2000K cycles
- Economical Low Cost.
- Single Turn Linear Taper.
- Voltage and Current Control Circuits
- Used as volume control knobs in radios
- Tuning or controlling circuits
- Analog input control knobs
Package Includes :
1 x 1K Ohm Rotary Potentiometer – Plastic Shaft (Pack of 3)